Sunday, August 30, 2009

A-MAZE-ING!!!

Wow!!! What an amazing trip! Creative Escape was everything I thought it would be times a hundred!!! I met some great ladies that will forever be my friends, and got to know a friend better and closer. The talent of the teachers is remarkable! The projects are like no other... I am so excited to share with you the ideas and techniques I learned.

"Once in a lifetime" was the theme of Heidi's class... It made you look at everything in your daily life and with your family and realize those are all once in a lifetime moments.

"Unwritten"... That was the theme if the event. Heidi Swapp spoke on Friday about this. As we were all in tears from her presentation she made us realize that we NEED to scrapbook!! These are our memories, our kids memories, our family and friends' memories. Without scrapbooking (and journaling, no matter how much or how little it may be) we need to get our story written down. Not just for us... But for everyone we share our story with.

Creative Escape is beyond words. It was a creative shot in the arm, it was a sisterhood of women, it was royal treatment (yes, we really eat dessert first... And it was yummy!!!). I can't wait to share my projects with you all... And it will be very soon, but I had to ship my toolbag and two other boxes back of new stuff!!!

Have a great week! And be creative, The rest is still unwritten...




-- Post From My iPhone

4 friends had to say...:

Ashleigh Sandrock said...

I wanna see pictures lady!

The Hamann Family said...

That's so awesome... I am glad you guys had such a great time!! :) Your projects that I got to see were great! Sounds like tons of fun! :)

Amy said...

So happy to hear that you had a fabulous time - can't wait to hear more about it and see pix!

Jodi Lansink said...

I AGREE about the NEEDING to scrapbook----I just do it in the "blogging" form! These are the memories of our lives, of our kids, we HAVE to document everything. Sometimes I blog something that might not really mean anything to anyone else, ad might be silly, but it matters to me, and something I want to look back on---AND I know my family counts on me to document our lives...which means the world to them---so I just scrapbook in a different way I guess!!!