Sunday, February 7, 2010

Delta Phi Scrappa

Last weekend I traveled north with Penny to NORTHERN Minnesota for the annual Delta Phi Scrappa sorority retreat. As always it an amazing weekend full of laughter, friends, and this year some tears.

Along the way we made a pit stop at a fabulous "junk store"!! It is my favorite!! The Painted Porch is worth the stop everytime!!

On Thursday we stayed at a super cute scrapbooking bed & breakfast out in the woods calledRaspberry Ridge, where you preserve your memories. Thanks Lorna!!

Friday-Sunday we were at a cozy cabin/lodge style hotel. The food was delicious, friends many & fun over the top. I was excited to teach 2 classes with 25+ students in each!! Thanks ladies for your enthusiasm! I look forward to teaching again!!

I want to mention a friend I met at the last Delta Phi Scrappa. Carrie was full of energy and excitement for Delta Phi Scrappa. She was there with her mom, and they shared stories of Disney vacations with her 3 year old daughter. I am so glad I had the honor of knowing Carrie, and calling her a friend. In November Carrie passed away after a car accident. They did a great job honoring her at DPS.

(sorry the pics are a mess, blogger won't let me reorganize???)








5 friends had to say...:

Mindy said...

Sounds like a good time ... what did you buy at the Painted Porch? Sorry to hear about your friend ...

Jodi Lansink said...

Glad you had a nice weekend away! We all need that from time to time!! Great pictures!

Marion said...

Penny said that your classes were wonderful and very popular! Do you have any kits left? I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like you had fun shopping. I miss seeing you.

Amy Walter said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Sorry to hear about your friend.

Penny Smith said...

I can't wait until next year!!!