Monday, February 8, 2010

Reminisce Passports Line-- Our USA bucket list

I created 11 mini albums housed in a cute tin bucket using the new Reminisce Passports line!! I knew right away I wanted to create a "Bucket List". As I was going through the cities I have been to several... but Ryan and my girls haven't. I decided I would make this from scratch. No pictures. This bucket is for our family. I really want my girls to graduate from high school having been to some major US landmarks and other fun US places. So, from the East coast to the West. From the Northern boarder to the Southern these are the places I would like to show my girls!!

Each little book is pretty simple now, but I have the stickers in a folder to save to embellish when we actually go. {This line is great with a sticker for each landmark in that city or state!!} I didn't want to pre-write our vacation based on the stickers :)

Each book has a little tag on the ring so I can write the date and actual locations and a little bit of journaling.

On the Hawaii and FL books I included a little glass jar {I screwed a little jewelry bail into the cork to attach on the ring to save a pinch of sand in.} I will use Diamond Glaze to seal it up and save it forever!!

I also attached a Passport to add stickers and date stamps when we visit each location.

{I am excited to get to complete our first book this FEB!!! ...Florida}

...here is my project and albums!!


Here are 5 books (NYC, LA, Washington DC, Texas, and Chicago)

Here are some up close examples of the insides of the books. This is Florida:

Florida was fun because the paper had the perfect palm tree printed, so I just cut it out and pop dotted it to the front for depth!!

Here is another example. Boston worked great because the skyline on the paper was perfect for the front of the album.

Here is Oahu, with the little bottle.

Here are the other 6 albums (San Francisco, Minnesota, Las Vegas, Florida, Boston, and Oahu)

Some up close pics of the bucket...

(This bucket documents our family vacations around the USA!)
Thanks for looking!! :) I will post them as we fill them!!

19 friends had to say...:

Mindy said...

That is the cutest! I love it! I am totally stealing the sand bottle idea for our trip to the ocean this May! Great job and what a fabulous keepsake!

Ashleigh Sandrock said...

WHAT A CUTE IDEA!!!! Love it! :)

tricia said...

Fun, fun, fun! Can you make me a book for Arizona and Minnesota??

ckmom78 said...

this is amazing, super fun idea!!

Carmel said...

I am with Ashleigh, "what a cute idea"

Jodi Lansink said...

LOVE this!!! What a great idea---and might make a person actually complete the list when you have it sitting there like that!

Christi said...

What a fabulous idea. Can I pay you to make me a set??? LOL- the only way I could get something that cute:)

Marion said...

this is GREAT! By the way, San Fran also has sand from the beach. I wish I had done that when our kids were young. You will be able to save lots of memories and keep them all together, but separate.

Kim said...

OK....this is unbelieveable! Are you going to teach this as a class? It is awesome! Love the bucket too...

Amy Walter said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I know I say this all of the time - but you are so talented. I wish I had 1/4 of the talent and creativity you have.

Can't wait to see these books filled.

Alison said...

Two things... this is a stinkin' adorable idea! Bucket Lists are big in our house and I love this idea so much!

Second thing... I'm not sure how to email you other than by leaving a comment. I am wondering if you'd be willing to enlist your awesome facebook friends in supporting my 11 year old daughter in a voting contest. ;-) She needs votes on the following link... once a day...

http://www.mix969.com/pages/can-you-sing/vote-entrants.php?gid=1&id=19

She is hoping to win a chance to sing the National Anthem at a Phoenix Coyotes ice-hockey game! :-) woo hoo... if you have any questions, or think i'm a weird-o for even asking... let me know alisonsannouncements@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jill said...

This is just darling. Love the creativity.

Penny Smith said...

This turned out great Candi!!
What a fun idea!

I am sure they will be to all the books by the time Piper is 4. :)

Bonita said...

What a neat idea.. You are so creative :)
Im a little jealous--hehe

Lynn said...

Fun, Fun, my friend!

Jill said...

(pssst! can't believe you only got fourth)

Shelley Haganman said...

I LOVED your project!! What a fabulous idea!

The Hamann Family said...

you are so creative... :) Love all of you ideas and work!

meganklauer said...

This is so amazing Candi! The work you put into this is just WOW!